TOEFL Preparation Course
Students who successfully complete the TOEFL Preparation Course will be able: -
• To develop methods that help use and connect existing language knowledge with new information.
• To develop ways to identify structural issues.
• To develop skimming and scanning reading methods.
• To develop listening methods such as identifying main ideas, forming inferences, and listening for key words.
• To improve critical thinking skills.
• To evaluate and manage one’s own progress.
• To create test-taking methods that will assist:
o In maintaining a consistent pace while performing various tasks in a test
o In developing decoding skills to better grasp what questions are being asked on assessments.
o In developing ways to aid in making connections between what has been learnt in class and academic experiences in English-speaking environments.